Can I travel with my ID Card between Turkey and TRNC?
Documents required from citizens of the Republic of Turkey for traveling to TRNC:
• A valid Passport or Identity Card.
Documents required from citizens of the European Union and Schengen Area Countries for travelling to the TRNC:
• A valid Passport or National Identity Card.
Documents required from citizens of other countries for travelling to the TRNC:
• A valid Passport.
Validity of Travel Documents:
• Citizens of countries which do not have an Embassy, Consulate General, Consulate or Representative Office in the TRNC and citizens of the countries that are not members of the EU must have a passport or travel document valid for at least 6 months to be able to enter the TRNC.
• Citizens of countries that have an Embassy, Consulate General, Consulate or Representative Office in the TRNC and citizens of the EU countries must have a passport or travel document valid for at least 2 months to be able to enter TRNC.
Procedures for entry of foreigners to the TRNC:
Foreigners may be required to provide the following documents and information to the Immigration Officer at the port of entry:
• Proof of sufficient financial means to stay in the country and return home country
• Proof of accommodation in the country (hotel payment receipt, or name and address of the invitee)
• Foreigners must accurately and convincingly declare purpose of visit
• If travelling for internship, course or student exchange program, a formal letter from the inviting institution
• If traveling for higher education, an official acceptance letter from the university
• If visiting family, a letter of invitation which provides name, address, phone number and other contact information
• If traveling on a business trip, an official letter of invitation from a company in the TRNC
• If travelling for touristic purpose, a reservation or a rental document for the stays from 30 to 90 days.
Foreigners crossing to the TRNC from Southern Cyprus are also required to present the above mentioned documents/information
For more info on entry and visa regulations please visit the website below;